Temporary Price Increase Goes Into Effect October 18
On Sept. 4,2020, the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) approved a temporary price increase for commercial parcel shipping. THE PRICE INCREASE GOES INTO EFFECT ON OCTOBER 18. You can view the Quadient guide HERE. Below is a table of highlights for most commonly used solutions as well as an official update from MSMA National.
Update provided via MSMA National
The Postal Regulatory Commission Approves USPS’ Temporary Price Increase for Commercial Parcels
The Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) has approved the temporary price increases for commercial domestic parcel products that USPS proposed last month. Retail prices for parcel products are unaffected.
The planned commercial price increases for Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, First-Class Package Service (FCPS) and Commercial Parcel Select will take effect Oct. 18, 2020 at 12 a.m. Central time and continue until Dec. 27, 2020 at 12 a.m. Central time. After that, prices will revert to 2020 prices.
Here are the current prices and temporary price increases:
- Parcel Select Destination Entry DDU: starts at $3.19 (current), 24 cents (temporary increase)
- Parcel Return Service: starts at $3.05 (current), 24 cents (temporary increase)
- Parcel Select Lightweight: starts at $1.81 (current), 24 cents (temporary increase)
- FCPS Commercial: starts at $2.74 (current), 25 cents (temporary increase)
- Priority Mail Commercial: starts at $7.02 (current), 40 cents (temporary increase)
- Parcel Select Ground: starts at $6.92 (current), 40 cents (temporary increase)
- Parcel Select DSCF: starts at $4.37 (current), 40 cents (temporary increase)
- Parcel Select DNDC: starts at $5.98 (current), 40 cents (temporary increase)
- Priority Mail Express Commercial: starts at $22.75 (current), $1.50 (temporary increase)
The temporary price adjustments are in response to heightened package volume due to the coronavirus pandemic, as well as expected increases in online shopping during the holidays.
The Postal Service’s Postal Explorer website has the price change tables.
The full order can be found at: https://www.prc.gov/docs/114/114473/Order5673.pdf.
P O Box 1428
Springtown, TX 76082