So…what is Priority Mail® Flat Rate Shipping?
Priority Mail is one of the most widely-used services provided by the Post Office. It allows you to ship a package up to 70lbs to any US continental state for one flat rate – even on Saturdays! This system aids businesses, who send frequent packages, to manage size load and maintain lower costs.
What about discounts?
While the USPS does not offer discounts on flat rate shipping, no matter the size load of any particular order a business may have, you can receive discounts using shipping software! With a shipping software, like Neopship Advanced, businesses can garner anywhere from 10-40% discounts, or more, on flat rate shipping. Below is a table showing the difference between Retail Based Pricing (post office) and Commercial Based Pricing (shipping software rates). Note: These rates are based on a specific postage method and vary by company.
*Chart source: Quadient
Benefits of Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping
- Free Priority Mail boxes and envelopes can be ordered online or picked up at your local Post Office
- Quick delivery time: Within 1-3 Business Days
- Free Package Pickup service at your home or office
- Includes USPS Tracking® and up to $50 of insurance with most shipments (restrictions apply)
- When shipped with shipping software, Priority Mail offers advanced USPS tracking.
- No surcharges for fuel; resident or rural delivery; or Saturday delivery
For discounts and advanced tracking visibility, consider adding NeoShip to your postage meter for an all-in-one solution.